Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 TBR Challenge hosted by Roofbeam Reader


As I was looking at my bookshelves in various locations around my house, I kept thinking about the TBR Pile Challenges that I had seen in the past. I have never participated before but I am thinking it's about time! I need some motivation to get some of these older books read, ones that I was dying to read when I got them but are now just sitting on the shelf, staring back at me.

The purpose of this challenge is to read 12 books that have been sitting on the shelf for over a year. So all books that qualify must be have been published before 2012. The books have to be selected before the challenge starts - 12 books plus 2 alternatives, just in case.

This challenge is organized by Roof Beam Reader. Click here to read more about it and to sign up yourself!

My 2013 TBR Pile Challenge List ~~
  • Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington
  • Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Hatteras Girl by Alice J. Wisler
  • Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
  • Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
  • Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
  • Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
  • Matched by Ally Condie
  • Optical Delusions in Deadwood by Ann Charles
  • Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
  • The Unbecoming of Maya Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
And my 2 alternate titles are ~~
  • Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
  • Touch by Alexi Zentner
I will post an update to this list once a month so we can see how I am doing ~ it will make me accountable. *yikes!* I will also link my reviews on this page as I get the books read.

Wish me luck!

Whoops! I see now that I have missed the deadline for signing up for this challenge but since I made the mental decision to commit to this, I am just going to go ahead and follow thru with it anyway, on my own.

I need to get these books read!

4 comments:

  1. A lot of those are on my TBR list as well. :) Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great!

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have them all sitting on the shelf by the computer - ready to be read!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing a similar challenge this year - it's called TBR pile challenge and is hosted by evie seo at bookish blog. sign-ups are open all year if you want to join in :) There's prizes as well :)
    http://evie-bookish.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-to-2012-tbr-pile-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up about this challenge, Sarah. I am on my way over to check it out and... prizes are good. :^)

      Delete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...