Monday, January 16, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 16, 2017


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Well, we finally celebrated Christmas with the kids and grandkiddos last weekend. People might think we are crazy to wait but it takes away a lot of the hassle and stress of trying to get everything done by December 22nd. We always travel over Christmas and this later date allows us all to recuperate and be relaxed for our celebration. 

It's always so much fun and now with the addition of the new grandbaby, there are 18 of us. I love it that we can all get together and have a wonderful day. And I love watching my kids interact as adults now, it makes all those growing up years so worth it. 

As I am getting this post ready on Sunday, it is snowing lightly. Big flakes, coming down very softly - it looks and feels like I am in a snowglobe. It is so pretty. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a great week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading/listening to

30205340
Always: A Novel
by Sarah Jio
I love Sarah's stories. I just started this one and I can't wait to get lost in it.

Runes Audiobook
Runes (Runes #1)
by Ednah Walters 
(audio-book)
I've had this book for a while and thought I would finally give it a listen. I'm not very far into it but I'm enjoying it so far.

31864006
Spinning the Moon
by Karen White
(audio-book)

What I recently finished

23398763
Everything I Never Told You
by Celeste Ng
This is our book club read for later this week. I am actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. That's one of the nice things about my book clubs, I am exposed to books I normally would not have read. Have you read this one?

24581814
Pie Girls
by Lauren Clark
(audio-book)
Love this author and this book was a great listen! 

33669344
Awakening (Stories of Singularity #5)
by Susan Kaye Quinn
Another fav author and I love this series!

15818107
Orphan Train
by Christina Baker Kline 
Amazing story! You can read my thoughts here

What I am going to read next

234559

The Queen's Man (Justin de Quincy #1)
by Sharon Kay Penman
This is another book club pick. It is totally not my usual reading material. I hope I like it. 😕

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Everything I Never Told You and Orphan Train. I'll be reading Always...soon!

    Thanks for sharing, and I like your idea of celebrating after the hectic days of the actual holiday.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second time I have met the audio Spinning the Moon in the IMWAYR hop around. Evidently it is two books so I am going to put it higher up on my list at Audible. Nise is listening to it too. I am looking forward to Always as well.
    I think the way you celebrate is perfect and will create happy times and happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variety of books. Most are new to me but I have Orphan Train on my Kindle. You can see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked "Orphan Train" and I'm excited to read the author's new book coming out this year. And "Everything I Never Told You" has been on my TBR list for years! I actually own it -- it was a gift -- and I'm going to make a point to finally read it in 2017. We just spent three years living in Ohio, and I'm looking forward to a book set there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great Christmas celebration. Sometimes, with large families, you just have to live outside the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such a nice celebration! We just had a family week too, since my sister was here from the West Coast.

    Have a great week and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my friends recommended Orphan Train to me a long time ago. I feel bad because I still haven’t read it. I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of great books here! I love Sarah Jio's books, but sort of forgot about this one. I'll have to see if I can find it. I think it's a great idea to do Christmas after all the rush and chaos. My family is so small I can't imagine having that many people for the holidays!

    I hope you have a great week. :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...