Monday, October 2, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 2, 2017


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Another busy week and weekend. Stuff going on every night, with grandkiddo duty a couple of evenings. One of the highlights of the week was Wednesday night. I had dinner that night with three of my friends.

The four of us became friends because we were each a friend of a very special person, Kris. She passed away a year and half ago from cancer (I HATE CANCER!!) and we vowed to her that we would continue our friendship, even though she was gone. We ate, drank, talked, laughed, and supported each other for over 3 hours. It had been too long and we have now set a time each month to get together—it's our dinner club. Kris was notorious for her 'clubs'. It was her way of staying connected to her friends. Do you have friends who you make an effort to get together with on a regular basis. Good friends are so important!

My book club met on Thursday night to discuss The Zookeeper's Daughter. Have you read it or seen the movie? Be sure and enter my giveaway to win a copy of the book!

And then Friday through Sunday, we were out of town for my daughter's wedding. It was a small celebration but it was a packed weekend. It was fun spending time with family and it is awesome to see her so happy. 💕 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

35706356
A Little Bit of Grace
by Phoebe Fox 

8886573
Treachery in Death (In Death #32)
by J.D. Robb, narrated by Susan Ericksen
(audio-book)

What I recently finished

1128178
The Zookeeper's Wife
by Diane Ackerman
Enter my giveaway to win a copy!

What I am going to read next

33928751
Merry and Bright
by Debbie Macomber

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy, enjoyable week. Mine was busy too but not nearly so enjoyable. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of these books before, but they all sound interesting!

    Here’s my It’s Monday! What are You Reading?!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the wedding.
    Have a good week. Enjoy all your eads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to catch back up with the In Death series. I binged like 25 of them and then had to wait for more books. Now it's a pain getting back to them because *oh look more books...*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE nor have I seen the movie.

    CONGRATS on the wedding.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you enjoy The Zookeeper's Wife? I really liked the book but I haven't seen the movie. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...