Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh

I lost my twin to a harsh November nine years ago. Ever since, I’ve felt the span of that month like no other, as if each of the calendar’s thirty perfect little squares split in two on the page.

So starts The Last Will of Moira Leahy.  I had been seeing this book hyped up all over the place; book/author web sites and Facebook pages.  It caught my attention and it was something I really wanted to read.  And then lo and behold, I received a signed copy of the book in a contest!  It was destiny - I was meant to read this book! 

That first line really catches you, doesn't it?  What happened to her twin?  And how does Maeve go on living her life, without her sister, after that?

This story was very captivating from the start and goes back and forth between the present and that time leading up to 'nine years ago'.  It is an amazing, mystical story that made me stop and ponder it all when I was done. That is the best kind of book to finish, one that you continue to think about long after it is over.

from the author's website ~~ Maeve Leahy is a busy professor of languages at a university in upstate New York. So busy that she leaves little time for memories—the memory of her lost twin, Moira, and of her many lost opportunities.

Until a childhood relic and a series of anonymous notes changes everythingresurrects her long-dead dreams, a lost language, her most painful recollections, and prompts her to cross an ocean in search of ancient history.

There, Maeve will learn new truths about her past, and come face to face with the one thing she truly fears. Only then can she choose between the safe yet lonely life she's built for herself and one of risk, with bonds she knows can be both heart-breakingly delicate and more enduring than time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...