Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Debt Collector Series by Susan Kaye Quinn


What's your life worth on the open market?
A debt collector can tell you precisely. 

The Debt Collector series is a dark and gritty future-noir about a world where your life-worth is tabulated on the open market and going in debt risks a lot more than your credit rating.

EPISODES 1-3 (Delirium, Agony, Ecstasy) of the Debt Collector serial. Contains mature content and themes. For young-adult-appropriate thrills, see Susan's bestselling Mindjack series.

Lirium plays the part of the grim reaper well, with his dark trenchcoat, jackboots, and the black marks on his soul that every debt collector carries. He's just in it for his cut, the ten percent of the life energy he collects before he transfers it on to the high potentials, the people who will make the world a better place with their brains, their work, and their lives. That hit of life energy, a bottle of vodka, and a visit from one of Madam Anastazja's sex workers keep him alive, stable, and mostly sane... until he collects again. But when his recovery ritual is disrupted by a sex worker who isn't what she seems, he has to choose between doing an illegal hit for a girl whose story has more holes than his soul or facing the bottle alone--a dark pit he's not sure he'll be able to climb out of again.

The first three episodes of the Debt Collector serial are collectively the length of a short novel, or 152 pages. These are the first three of nine episodes in the first season of the Debt Collector serial. This dark and gritty future-noir is about a world where your life-worth is tabulated on the open market and going into debt risks a lot more than your credit rating. Episode 4, Broken, releases 4/17/13. For more about the Debt Collector serial, see DebtCollectorSeries.com ~~ synopsis from Goodreads

My thoughts about the Debt Collector Series, 1-3 ~~

OMG! I love this series! I read Susan's other series, the Mindjack series and loved that one so when I saw she was writing another one, I just had to read it. I have heard this series referred to as a steampunk novel. Seriously, I don't really know what that means. I just know that it is a very popular genre.

Well, I thought I would take the plunge and try this one since I like her other series. And I liked the fact that Susan is releasing this as a serial novel, meaning just a chapter at a time. I thought I would like that, now I'm not so sure, since I always have to wait for the next one to come out!


I was hooked after the very first chapter! If this is an example of steampunk, then I have just found another genre that I need to pursue. Love it!!

And today is April 17th! 
So that means Book 4 of serial is released today. 
I am on my way over to Amazon to get it right now! 


What’s your life worth on the open market? 
A debt collector can tell you precisely.

Lirium tries to free himself and Ophelia from the Kolek mob, but Valac has other plans for him.


Broken is approximately 15,000 words or 60 pages

Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...