Monday, October 3, 2011

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.

Dead bodies are showing up in shallow graves on the empty construction lot of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds. No one is sure who the killer is, or why the victims have been offed, but what is clear is that Stephanie’s name is on the killer’s list.

Short on time to find evidence proving the killer’s identity, Stephanie faces further complications when her family and friends decide that it’s time for her to choose between her longtime off-again-on-again boyfriend, Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and the bad boy in her life, security expert Ranger. Stephanie’s mom is encouraging Stephanie to dump them both and choose a former high school football star who’s just returned to town. Stephanie’s sidekick, Lula, is encouraging Stephanie to have a red-hot boudoir “bake-off.” And Grandma Bella, Morelli’s old-world grandmother, is encouraging Stephanie to move to a new state when she puts “the eye” on Stephanie.

With a cold-blooded killer after her, a handful of hot men, and a capture list that includes a dancing bear and a senior citizen vampire, Stephanie’s life looks like it’s about to go up in smoke. ~~synopsis from Goodreads

My thoughts on Smokin' Seventeen ~~

O-M-G - this book might be one of Evanovich's best! I have read all 17 books in the series so far, over the years. I have to admit that I was about 'done' with them around book 10. (Ten Big Ones). I was beginning to feel like, been there, done that. I was almost to the point where I was thinking about not reading any more. But I loved the older ones so much, they are so hilarious, that I thought 'just give her another chance'. So I did and they have just been getting better and better.

I was totally hooked after One for the Money and recommended it to everyone I knew that loved to read. Why, just today, I talked about this series with another person that had not read them yet. I know, how is that possible? 

So -- I am recommending them to you, if you have not read them yet! Be sure to start with the first one - this is a series that is best read in order so that you know where the characters are coming from and how they got to where they are now. I can't read these books without constantly having a smile on my face and bursting out with some laugh-out-louds. There are so many crazy, quirky characters that you can't help but fall in love with!!

Smokin' Seventeen has am amazing 'cliff-hanger' ending - grrrrrrr! I was so mad when the book ended. I couldn't believe it was over. I need to know what Stephanie decided!! And then I found out that Explosive Eighteen comes out November 22. Yea!! I don't have to wait very long to read the next installment.

And then to make this winter even better, the movie One for the Money comes out in January 2012!! I can't wait to see these hilarious characters on the big screen! Can you tell I am excited?

Check here for the One for the Money trailer  

Can't wait!! January!!!! Whoo hooo!!


2 comments:

  1. This is good to know. I am have read all of them but #17. I was so losing my interest in the books even before the last one. I'd have to go back (it may have been 10 for me, too), but I have not been too taken with them for awhile. I'll add this one to my TBR list now.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda lost my love for the Stephanie Plum series after #13, but I still read the new ones when they come out in paperback. I do love all of the zany characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...