Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tagging, Folksonomies, and Social Bookmarking

This lesson was about the website Del.icio.us. I am familiar with the site and set up an account probably about a year ago when we were checking it out here at the library.

I really like the fact that I can save something there and access it from anywhere. I have gotten rid of most of my bookmarks on my computers since they are only available from the one place.

Some of the librarians here have used Del.icio.us for their subject guides and list useful websites for our students to use.

And I take advantage of the fact that you can mark some sites as private so that I can add sites that are not work related or that are more personal in nature.

I will admit that I am not very consistent in adding tags to the sites I save, thinking I will 'get back to it' so I need to get in the habit of adding the tags as I go to reap the most benefit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...