Tuesday, March 15, 2011

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

Synopsis: House Rules is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, and like many kids with AS, Jacob has a special focus on one subject – in his case, forensic analysis. 

 

I love, love, love Jodi Picoult's books! They are always very heartwarming and sometimes sad but they really make you stop and think, about your own life and about other people's lives. 

 

I have a good friend that has a son with Autism and I worked with special needs children in my past life, so I thought of myself as pretty knowledgeable on the subject of this book. But being on the outside is a whole lot different than being right in the middle of this kind of life. 

 

I devoured this 500+ page book in a weekend, that is how wrapped up in this story I became. I did get some other things done, but I sat and read whenever I could. I love it when a book grabs me like that and makes me just want to do nothing but read. I haven't had a book do that to me a quite awhile. I guess I am going to have to find another JP book to get lost in! 

 

But maybe I should do some housework first? Nah!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...