Monday, February 13, 2012

On Tour: What Happened to Hannah by Mary Kay McComas

As a teenager, Hannah Benson ran away from home in order to save herself. Now, twenty years later, the past comes calling and delivers life-changing news: her mother and sister have passed away, leaving Hannah the guardian of her fifteen-year-old niece.
Returning home to bitter memories and devastating secrets, Hannah must overcome her painful past to pave a future with her niece, the last best chance at a family for both of them. She begins to create a new, happier life with her niece and rekindles a relationship with Grady Steadman, one of the few people she's ever called a friend.
But she can't forget what she cannot forgive, or lay to rest those ghosts that will not die. Will love and trust--and the truth--give her the strength to stand her ground and fight for what she deserves? ~~synopsis from Goodreads 

My thoughts on What Happened to Hannah ~~

Today is my stop on the TLC Book Tour for What Happened to Hannah. Ms. McComas has written a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Hannah and her family, dysfunctional as it was. I can't even imagine what it would be like to not be a part of one's family for 20 years.

Hannah has made a life for herself that does not included the family she grew up with. She was forced to leave her family when she was a teenager and she is suddenly drawn back to that world when there is no one else left to care for the niece that she had never met. But can she go back to the place that is full of secrets and get out of there with her niece before the secrets get out?

I loved this story and loved the relationship that Hannah had with her niece ~ what a mature teenager she is. I really liked all of the characters in the book, the author did a great job of developing them and they became a group that I would have liked to have been a part of.

I so wanted to Hannah to find her happiness and to be able to put the past behind her. In order to do that, she must learn to trust those around her but how does one trust after so many years of keeping 'the secret'? This is an incredible story of trust, redemption and love. I loved being a part of this community and was just a little bit sad when it was over and I had to say good-bye to Hannah and her family and friends.

I have a habit of marking lines while I am reading that speak to me. Here is one from What Happened to Hannah ~~

'Mother-hugs were a precious thing that couldn't be bottled or boxed or given away by anyone with a cold heart'. ~ Love it! 


Mary Kay McComas



For more information about this book tour 
and to visit the other stops, 
check out the tour page

I received a copy of this book from TLC Book Tours for my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. These are the best kinds of books, the ones that make you sad to leave the characters and that keep you wanting to be a part of their lives.

    I'm glad you enjoyed this one! Thanks for being on the tour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...