Saturday, August 8, 2026

New Release! The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen ~ My Thoughts #TheWomenInWhite

Congratulation Sarah
on the recent release of
The Women in White!
 
The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen
Mystery Thriller, Historical Fiction, 320 pages
Published August 4, 2026 by St. Martin's Press

The newest next thriller from #1 Bestselling Author Sarah Pekkanen combines a decades-old mystery with spine-tingling paranormal elements in this twisty novel of the seen and unseen.

Extrasensory perception.
The Gift.
A Sixth Sense.
Or something else….

In 1964, four remarkable young women at a prestigious university became the subjects of parapsychology experiments by a visionary scientist. On the cusp of a historic breakthrough, the women mysteriously vanished and the program was erased from history. 

Decades later, Riley Bell, newly divorced and desperate for a fresh start, accepts a caretaker job for an elderly widow named Betty. Riley steps into a home that is frozen in another era - no microwave, television, or cell phones, and Betty has never heard of the internet. Why has Betty lived in such profound isolation for so many years, and why does she need Riley now? 

As the story unfolds across two timelines - Betty’s 1960s era of 5 o’clock martinis and high-stakes experiments, and Riley’s quest to uncover the truth about the missing women - old secrets rise to the surface. And the only way to survive is to confront the mystery that has lingered for sixty years.


My thoughts about The Women in White ~~

(I love to note the first lines of the books I'm reading. First lines can really grab a reader's attention and I love seeing where the author takes the reader after their first lines.)

First lines—"Riley, Present Day. Just before I knock on the door of the small brick house, I'm gripped by the skin-tingling sense I'm being watched."

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. Sarah Pekkanen is a must-read author for me so I knew I'd be in for an exciting ride when I read this one. And it did not disappoint.

The Women in White takes place in dual timelines, the present and the mid-sixties. Riley answers an ad for a live-in position, assisting an elderly woman. What she didn't expect was a journey to help Betty find her friends from the past, when they were all the 'women in white'. 

Betty and three other women were part of parapsychology experiments performed in the 1960's. These women formed a deep bond with each other, until they disappeared from each other's lives. Riley embarks on a quest to reunite these women. Through the flashbacks, the reader relives the lives of these women and what they endured.

One thing that struck me the most was that experiments of these type actually did take place during that time. It was a bit shocking to me to know what these women and others went through, all in the name of science.

I loved The Women in White and I highly recommend it!

I received an eARC of The Women in White and this is my honest opinion.

***************************

About the author


I'm a #1 New York Times bestselling author of 15 solo and coauthored books, including HOUSE OF GLASS, which is a Goodreads Choice award nominee and Amazon best book of the year.

My upcoming thriller, THE LOCKED WARD, is being hailed by Lee Child as "psychological suspense at its very best."

I'm also the coauthor of four bestselling thrillers: THE GOLDEN COUPLE, THE WIFE BETWEEN US, AN ANONYMOUS GIRL, and YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I've also written eight novels that are contemporary fiction, not thrillers: THE EVER AFTER, THE PERFECT NEIGHBORS, THINGS YOU WON'T SAY, CATCHING AIR, THE BEST OF US, THE OPPOSITE OF ME, SKIPPING A BEAT, and THESE GIRLS. My linked free short estories, published by Simon&Schuster exclusively for ereaders, are titled "All is Bright," and "Love, Accidentally."

When I'm not writing or spending time with my three kids, I'm a passionate advocate for rescue animals. I serve as Ambassador of RRSA India, a shelter and sanctuary for abused and injured street dogs and other animals in Anand, India. And I'm the founder of the nonprofit charity IndiaStreetPaws.com.

I also serve on the board of the International Thriller Writers. Readers and writers - come join us at Thrillerfest in NYC every spring! ~ Goodreads

Connect with Sarah

*********************

Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...