Monday, December 5, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? December 5, 2106


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Another busy week has come and gone with this month and year just flying by. We spent the weekend full of kids and grandkiddos. After everyone left, I spent most of Sunday afternoon doing nothing but resting and reading. Heaven!

We've got another couple of busy weeks coming up. The most exciting time will be the middle of the month. We should be saying hello to our newest granddaughter. She is scheduled to make her appearance on December 16th and I can't wait to meet her. We are going to take care of her older brother who is 7 while mom and dad concentrate on the delivery, etc. It will be a busy and exciting time for all of us. This darling little one will put us a 8 grandkiddos. See why my life is so crazy busy? But I love every minute of it!  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading/listening to

29496487
Love, Alice
by Barbara Davis
Love this one. My thoughts will be posted later this week.

30313378
The You I've Never Known
by Ellen Hopkins

31864006
Spinning the Moon
by Karen White
(audio-book)

What I recently finished

28257012
Good Sam
by Dete Meserve
(audiobook)
Great listen. My thoughts will be posted later this week.

41193
A Thousand Acres
by Jane Smiley

What I am going to read next

7352053
My Name is Mary Sutter
by Robin Oliveira
This is a book club pick for next week. Love the cover, hope I like what's between the covers.

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?


Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the eighth grandchild! I only have seven, and the youngest is almost fourteen...so I miss the baby years. I don't think any of my kids will be having more, but you never know. Enjoy!

    I loved A Thousand Acres, and I don't have a copy of the book (did I give it away in a purge?), but I might have read a library book. I do have the movie, though.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel-Rain. Grandkids are the best! I am pretty sure we are about to the end of new ones, they will all just get older and more grownup. I need to enjoy the babies while I can. :)

      I didn't realize A Thousand Acres was a movie. What did you think of it? Our book club is meeting later this week to discuss the book, it will be interesting to see what everyone thinks of it.

      Thanks for stopping and happy reading.

      Delete
  2. I can see how grandchildren can make life more fun. Congrats on #8 on the way. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kathy. Grandkids are great and they keep us busy, or maybe they're keeping us young?

      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  3. How exciting that you are so close to meeting your new grandchild! I hope the delivery goes smoothly and you get lots of cuddles from the new baby and the big brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey. BTW the new mommy is my daughter-in-law, Lindsay. What a sweetheart and she has given us two precious treasures.

      Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your soon to arrive Granddaughter! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda. I can't wait to meet her and get some cuddles in. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

      Delete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...