Monday, December 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? December 19, 2016


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Brrrr! We have had a weekend of frigid temps here in South Dakota. Lows were around -33 with horrible wind to make it even worse. Luckily, I didn't have go out and stayed nice and toasty warm in my home. I spent the weekend baking, listening to Christmas music, and reading. Doesn't get much better than that!

No baby news yet. They may find out more on Wednesday. They are just hoping to not have to spend Christmas in the hospital. The baby will come when she comes, as they always do, but it's making it kind of hard to make travel plans.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week and a very Merry Christmas! Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading/listening to

29741905
The Fifth Petal (The Lace Reader #2)
by Brunonia Barry
I loved book #1, The Lace Reader

31864006
Spinning the Moon
by Karen White
(audio-book)

What I recently finished


I have been binge reading some wonderful Christmas stories over the last week or so, You can take a look at the list here.

8700535
My Name is Mary Sutter
by Robin Oliveira
This was our book club pick. It was interesting, for the most part. We had a so-so discussion, too many other things to talk about. 😏

30313378
The You I've Never Known
by Ellen Hopkins

What I am going to read next

Lucky in Love (Lucky O'Toole #2.5)
So Damn Lucky (Lucky O'Toole #3)
by Deborah Coonts 
I love this series and I am going to continue on with the next novella and book.

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?


Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books! I haven't read anything by Brunonia Barry, but I'm curious. I tried reading Ellen Hopkins, but the "verse" format put me off.

    I love Karen White's books.

    Enjoy the holidays, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel-Rain - it was a little hard getting into Hopkins style of writing but once I got over reading it in sing-song poetry in my head, it was a good read. Thanks for stopping by and have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. That's what you call more than cold! I have looked at Spinning the Moon on audio and wondered about it. Do let us know what you think of it once finished. I think as far as I remember there are quite a few hours of listening in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn. It is a long listen, something like 26 hours. It's actually 2 of her very first books together in this set. I am liking it a lot so far, it just may take me awhile. Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  3. I've been horribly slow on reading this week. I'm reading Once Upon a Winter by Tilly Tennant. I still have quite a few Christmas books to read. Next up is Brit-Marie was here because it's due at the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly - thanks for stopping. It's amazing how deadlines work to get books off of TBR lists. I was always much better about getting library books read rather than books I own. Have a very wonderful holiday!

      Delete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...