Monday, May 11, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? May 11, 2020


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Week 9—Well, this was an eventful week, for me at least, in this time of staying-at-home and self-distancing. Friday, I went into Lewis Drug to mail some books out. It's the first time I'd been out in a store is quite some time. It was a little bit scary, I'll admit, and a bit weird. Some people with masks and staying at a distance and then some who were totally not. I guess everyone has their own comfort levels. I wore a mask. And then after that, I went into the library where I work and cleaned out my office area. In case you missed it, I'm retiring as of May 21st! Yay me!! I got to visit with our dean, who was the only other person in the building. It was nice to see her again. 

And then yesterday was Mother's Day. I was able to see all four of our kids and their families. Two by FaceTime and two in person, at a safe distance. My daughter even drove an hour one way to stop by and visit for only about ½ hour. It was way to cold to sit outside and visit for very long. It even snowed a bit yesterday. Someday, it will warm up and our visits will be longer.

Take care. Stay safe and healthy everyone.
And remember to wash those hands!!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

49217470
Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
by Catherine Ryan Hyde 
Pub date 5/19
I just love Catherine's stories!

40786511. sx318
Becoming
by Michelle Obama
Narrated by Michelle Obama

What I recently finished

48722959. sy475
The Good Stranger
(Kate Bradley Mystery #3)
by Dete Meserve
Pub date 5/19

49078870
This Is How I Lied
by Heather Gudenkauf
Pub date 5/12
My thoughts will be posted 5/13

What I am going to read next

49931119
On Ocean Boulevard
(Beach House #6)
by Mary Alice Monroe
Pub date 5/19

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

3 comments:

  1. Getting out of the house is a little scary, isn't it? Congrats on your upcoming retirement. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on retirement! What are your future plans? I hope you can stop by:https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-51120.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you were able to share some time with your family. Congrats on your impending retirement
    I just added This Is How I Lied to my wishlist

    Wishing you a great reading week, stay well x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...