Monday, October 7, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 7, 2024 #IMWAYR

   

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are! 

**************************************

Well, my trip to Tennessee is still on. I fly into Asheville, which is now possible at this point. The issue we will have is traffic leaving the city. Since most of the highways and bridges are still out, access in and out is limited. I am sure it will take us longer than it normally would, but I am so excited to see all my family!

Where my son lives is doing okay. They finally have water after a week. I am so proud of my son and his family for all of the volunteer work they have been involved with, helping those still in so much need. My DIL has such a compassionate heart and I know hers is breaking hearing the stories of what others are going through. Keep that area in your thoughts and prayers. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. 
Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

Girl, Uncoded: A Memoir of Passion, Betrayal, and Eventual Blessings
by Brandi Dredge
print ARC for review
Pub date ~ October 22

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
by Taylor Jenkins Reid
audio-book from my shelves
Published June 2017

Great Expectations
by Charles Dickens
e-book from my shelves/my slow read
First published July 30, 1860

What I recently finished

Lookin' for Love
by Susen Edwards
print ARC for review
Pub date ~ October 15

Echoes of Us
by Joy Jordan-Lake
print ARC for review
Pub date ~ October 8

Beneath the Carolina Sun
by Ashley Farley
eARC from the author for review
Pub date ~ October 22

What I am going to read next

The Haunting of Maddy Clare
by Simone St. James
print from my TBR shelf for a challenge
Published March 2012

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your travels! So much devastation! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you can travel, I guess you will see some of the devastation as you fly into Asheville. Terrible events like that hurricane sure bring out the good people, as of course it brings out those who take advantage to steal etc. Hope the trip goes well. Like that you are reading Charles Dickens as a slow read, that inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your trip is back on! And it’s wonderful to hear that your son and his family are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...