Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Release Day! The Wish List Trip by Kerry Lonsdale & Orly Konig ~ My Thoughts #TheWishListTrip #Bookouture

Happy Release Day!


Congrats Kerry & Orly
on the release today of
The Wish List Trip!

The Wish List Trip by Kerry Lonsdale & Orly Konig
Friendship Fiction, Travel, 331 pages
Published September 8, 2026 by Bookouture

The Wish List Trip is an unputdownable story of sisterhood, self-discovery and how not to smuggle your friend’s ashes through French border control… Addictive, escapist and bittersweet, perfect for fans of Elin Hilderbrand, Emily Giffin and Jojo Moyes.

Dear Holly and Anna,

I knew it would take drastic measures to bring you together, so, ta da, one drastic measure! I’m sorry I died. And I know you guys haven’t spoken in five years. But here’s the over fourteen days, you are going to scatter my ashes in every place we vacationed together in our twenties.

I wish I could have fixed your friendship before I passed away. But dying comes with one perk—you can’t say no to me now.

You’re going to have the best time. I’ve planned rum cocktails in Cabo and cafĂ© hopping in Paris. And along the way, I’ll keep sending you letters. Because there’s a secret I wasn’t brave enough to share when I was alive… and if I know the three of us, I suspect we’ve all been hiding something from each other.

The times we spent together were the best days of my life. Nobody made me laugh like you did, Anna. And Holly, promise you’ll let your hair down one last time for me.

I hope by the end of this trip, there’s nothing left we’re afraid to say...

xo, Zoe


My thoughts about The Wish List Trip ~~

(I love to note the first lines of the books I'm reading. First lines can really grab a reader's attention and I love seeing where the author takes the reader after their first line.)

First line—"Hello gals! I can't believe we're all together again. The three of us!"

This was such a beautiful story of friendship and rediscovery. I was totally captivated by this book and loved every minute of it. Two friends embark on a trip at the request of the third friend who is no longer with them. Will this trip mend fences or will that tie be broken forever?

I could relate parts of this book to myself and my friends. Not that we've traveled all over like Holly, Anna and Zoe did, but more of just recognizing the bonds that we have with each other. One of our friends has passed away, like Zoe did in this story, but we still get together regularly, to honor her and the friendships that she inspired. 

This is my first time reading anything by Orly Konig. And of course I love everything Kerry Lonsdale writes. I think I have just found a new author to read because this collaboration by these two authors is amazing. Writing in general seems like it would be challenging enough but then to write with another person? That takes it to whole other level and that process just is mind-blowing to me.

This amazing, creative duo has another book coming out in early 2027 and I am so excited to see what they create for us then. 

The Wish List Trip is a spectacular, unforgettable story and one I highly recommend!

I received an eARC of The Wish List Trip and this is my honest opinion.

***************************

About the authors


Kerry Lonsdale is the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Amazon Charts & #1 Kindle bestselling author of standalone and series-based emotionally charged domestic drama with over twenty-seven foreign language translations. She lives in Northern California with her husband, college-aged kids, and two cats.

Hang out with Kerry inside her private Facebook group, Kerry's Tiki Lounge Connect with her in Instagram: @kerrylonsdale Get her latest books news right in your inbox: Kerry's newsletter

Connect with Kerry


*********************


After years of pushing the creativity boundary in corporate communications, Orly Konig made the switch to fiction. She is the author of The Distance Home, Carousel Beach, The Arrangements, and with her best friend and co-author -- The Wish Trip List (coming September 8, 2026). She also writes about living an unapologetically imperfect life on Substack. She’s a co-founder and past president of the Women’s Fiction Writers Association.

Connect with Orly


*********************

Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...