Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz

'Dean Koontz's Frankenstein -- the author's first literary series -- is a nightmare-inspiring, modern-day retelling of Mary Shelley's 1818 horror classic. Coauthored with Kevin J. Anderson, the first installment in this four-volume saga pits a reanimated giant and two tenacious police detectives against the demented scientist who created him.' ~~ synopsis from Goodreads

I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for the first time a few years ago and was really surprised at how much I liked the book and how different it was from the movie portrayals of this story.There is so much more to the original story than the movies show us.

Koontz's Frankenstein series takes Shelley's story and moves it to modern day and gives us his version of how the story and characters evolved. I very much enjoyed his take on the legend.

I have been a big fan of Koontz's books in the past but have steered clear of his Frankenstein series. There are now 5 books in the series ..... I have a lot of catching up to do! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...