Wednesday, June 5, 2013

ABQ or Bust!


As you are reading this, I am on a road trip to Albuquerque (from now on it will be referred to as ABQ ~ it's just too hard to spell), New Mexico! I and three of my good friends are driving to ABQ ~ 18 hours, one way ~ in an RV!! 


How does that sound? Fun?? Crazy??? 

A very dear friend of mine has gone through two bouts of cancer. She and one of her co-workers have a very, very dear friend (their former co-worker) who now lives in ABQ. The four of us are traveling there so that she (and all of us, for that matter) can spend some time with this lovely lady. 

I have never met Keenie but everyone who has just absolutely loves her. She is some kind of special lady, from what I hear. I am excited to meet her. 

An interesting observation ~ when we women talk about this trip with other females, they are excited for us and just a tad jealous. But when we talk to men, they think we are nuts. Personally, I think being nuts is what is going to make this trip so much fun!! 

So anyway, posts will be sporadic for the next week or so as I am not sure what my internet access will be like. I do have some post scheduled to go up so The Book Bag will not be completely dark. 


So tell me, have you been to ABQ? Or maybe you're from that area? What should I expect? I have never been to any place like ABQ, so I am not really sure what to expect. I guess I am just along for the ride. 

But, oh, what a fun ride it's going to be! 

Be sure to check out the sidebar for my current giveaways. Those are still going on even though I will be 'on the road again!' 



1 comment:

  1. I've been eagerly waiting to hear your posts about Albuquerque! I'm a local and would be happy to give you some suggestions if it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...