Monday, January 15, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 15, 2018


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Oh my gosh, I feel like my reading is getting off to a slow, sluggish start for 2018. I've finished a couple of great books but it seems like slow going for me. I need to pick up the pace. 😁

We celebrated Christmas with my kids and grandkiddos this past weekend. Now that that is all over and all the work to prepare for it is done, maybe I'll be able to get back to the books .... and writing my reviews. That's another area of my blogging life that I need to work on. I really want to get caught up on posting my thoughts about all the wonderful books I have been reading. Does anyone else struggle with that like I do? So many books, so little time. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

37801330
Izzy As Is
by Tracie Banister
Loving it! Izzy is a hoot.

Foretold (Ghost Gifts #2)
by Laura Spinella
(audio-book)

What I recently finished

25546135
The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence #1)
by Patricia Sands 
Loved my trip to France. My thoughts will be posted soon. 

What I am going to read next

18339626
The Aviator's Wife
by Melanie Benjamin
This is my next book club read. Have you read it? 

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Aviator's Wife but I heard it's pretty good. We don't do traditional book reviews at our blog - so that took the stress off having to write about every book we read.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of books. I know what you mean about having so many great books to choose and limited time. My TBR mountain just gets higher and higher. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reading is on track so far but I'm wondering if I'm pushing myself too hard with reading and reviewing. I dunno. I'll figure it out. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've read The Aviators Wife. Good historical fiction makes the reader want to know more, and THE AVIATOR'S WIFE does do that. It discusses Charles Lindburgh's book (written, you will learn, with Ann Morrow Lindburgh, although he gives her no credit), THE SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS, and Ann's own book much later, GIFT FROM THE SEA. You'll probably want to read them after you read THE AVIATOR'S WIFE.

    But good historical fiction can also be dangerous. Because it is so well written, the reader too easily forgets that she is reading fiction, that this is not biography but is partly, maybe even largely, right out of the author's imagination. Although Ann's contributions to Charles's life and reputation should be recognized, the reader should also remember that much (or most) of this book is fiction and is not what Ann, herself, said or wrote.

    Even if you remember this may not be true, THE AVIATOR'S WIFE is difficult to read. It concentrates on the Lindberghs' horrible marriage, Charles's eccentricities, and Ann's compliance with whatever Charles mandated. It claims that, until the latter part of the marriage, Ann acted the way she did, said what she said, and wrote what she wrote because Charles did. For nearly 45 years, Ann was a sap. For nearly 400 pages of this book, Ann was a sap.

    So Ann may aggravate you throughout the book. But you may also be glad to know that she really did fly airplanes and act as Charles's crew on so many flights he, alone, took credit for. Maybe Ann, the sap, is fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...