Monday, March 23, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? March 23, 2020


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Well, here we are in our new 'normal' - staying home as much as possible, working from home when I can, not going out, and missing being together with my family so, so much! Thank goodness we can FaceTime! I try to get out to take a walk every day, weather permitting (we're still getting snow!) and it seems so eerie with hardly anyone out on the streets. The governor said yesterday that our state (South Dakota) is trending to peak in cases by May into June. UGH! Unbelievable.

My thought when this all started about 2 weeks ago was 'Great, a little time off from work - think of all the books I can get read.' Well, that's not happening. I'm finding it hard to get into a book and am easily distracted by the news and checking for updates on the situation. Is this happening to you? Any tips for me to get past this? I really want to enjoy all the books on my TBR stack.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
And remember to wash those hands!!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

48524418
The Book of Lost Friends
by Lisa Wingate

45447962. sx318
Verity
by Colleen Hoover
Narrated by Vanessa Johansson and Amy Landon

What I recently finished

Every Summer
Every Summer
(The Seaside Saga #10)
by Joanne DeMaio
My thoughts will be posted on Wednesday

44084930
A Good Neighborhood
by Therese Anne Fowler
Great story! Read my thoughts HERE.
And enter my giveaway HERE.

What I am going to read next

41647044. sy475
Stories We Never Told
by Sonja Yoerg
Huge fan of this author!

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

4 comments:

  1. I too am focusing too much on the news casts. I had nightmares all last night! I think I'm going to limit my "news" time today and instead read, crochet and listen to inspirational music. Have a great reading week! I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-32320.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read an article that suggested we just check the news twice a day. That is going to be so hard but I think that's what I really need to try to do. I'm having a hard time shutting my brain off at night to sleep.

      Thanks for stopping by. Take care and happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying not to pay too much attention to the News. Without sports, my TV is off except for the evening news most days. I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks which are occupying my time nicely. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teacher and keep having nightmares that I've missed work! It's awful. Our new normal has me feeling very panicked. I've read a lot, though. I try to avoid watching the news -- but when I do, I limit my time on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...