Monday, August 9, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? August 9, 2021 #IMWAYR

       

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are! 

**************************************

My 90yo MIL passed away last month. My husband, the oldest of 4 and the only one into genealogy, volunteered to bring home her pictures and sort through them. We brought home tubs and tubs, boxes and boxes of pictures. It's been great seeing some old, old ones of his grandparents, greats, and older when they were little, pictures we have never seen before. Luckily, someone back then wrote on the backs, otherwise we would have no idea who these people are. 

But we've also discovered tons of pictures, mostly more current, that were saved that should have been trashed from the get-go—blurry, thumbs in the pic, scenery (no idea where they were), people we don't know. 

We started going through all of our own pictures when my FIL passed 5 years ago. We could see the writing on the wall, so to speak. We didn't want to do the same thing to our own kids. 

How about you, are you a picture taker-saver?

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. 
Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

Mexican Gothic
by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Ruby Blue
(Ruby Blue #1)
by Julie Cassar
Narrated by Mysti Jording

What I recently finished

The Perfect Family
by Robyn Harding
Pub date 8/10

The Perfect Son
by Lauren North

The Next Wife
by Kaira Rouda
Narrated by Megan Tusing, Teri Clark Linden, Stephen Graybill, & Rachel L. Jacobs

What I am going to read next

Lady in the Lake
by Laura Lippman

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard Laura Lippman is a really good writer, so hope its good when you get to it. Mammoth task with those photos but great idea to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...