Monday, January 22, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 22, 2024 #IMWAYR

          

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are! 

**************************************

It's still weather-talk here. So bitterly cold. I haven't left the house in probably a week. Hubs is a sweetheart and goes out to get the mail for us so I don't even have to do that. 

I finally took down our Christmas decorations. That's something I just avoid as long as I can. I'd be content leaving them up all year. Is that bad? We did talk about leaving the lights up around the windows. They just look so festive and make looking out at the snow much more enjoyable. When you do take down your decorations?

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a good week. 
Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading

The Housemaid's Secret
by Freida McFadden
Published February 20, 2023
e-book from my collection for a challenge

The Two-Family House
by Lynda Cohen Loigman
Published March 2016
print from my collection for a challenge

Ritual in Death
J.D. Robb
Published November 2008
audiobook from my collection

What I recently finished

The Housemaid
by Freida McFadden
Published April 26, 2022
e-book from my collection for a challenge

Stranger in the Lake
by Kimberly Belle
Published June 9, 2020
print from my shelves for a challenge

The Asylum
by Aaron Paul Lazar
Published April 11, 2019
audio-book from my collection

What I am going to read next

I'm not sure. Maybe this one. 
Or I might try to knock off another challenge read. 

The Guest
by B.A. Paris
eARC for review
Pub date ~ February 20, 2024

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't decorate at all for Christmas which makes taking it all down easy. I've had to pause by J.D. Robb readathon for a while to get caught up on other books on my calendar. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took down our decorations this weekend as well. They went up late this year, so I didn't feel bad about them staying up this long. I think they were up until March one year. I left the lights around my office window. It faces the backyard, so no one sees them, and they help with seasonal affective disorder.

    Great books this week. The Housemaid and The Housemaid's Secret caught my eye. I remembered when
    The Two Family House came out, but I haven't read it.

    Hope you have a nice reading week. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon the lights around the windows would be great to have during winter, they would lift spirits. Does sound very cold. I remember reading The Two-Family House a few years back now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...