Monday, January 9, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 9, 2017


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Well, what a week this has been. Last Monday, we welcomed our new little granddaughter into this world. I am so pleased to introduce our new adorable little baby girl, Lilliana Jean. Her middle name, Jean, is in honor of her 85 year old great-grandmother. She will be meeting her namesake in a couple of weeks when we're able to get down to see her. 💓

Nama and Lilliana Jean

We took care of her 7½ year old brother for a few days (and overnights) so the parents could concentrate on the birth and the baby. And then ..... on the one hour drive back home in the middle of the week, our car broke down on the interstate and had to be towed in for repair. One hour in the car, with no heat, waiting for our ride - brrrr! It's pretty major and we probably won't be getting it back until the middle of the week, or later. And then ...... our other car ended up being out of commission as well. It is so blasted cold here and it wouldn't start. Hubby is trying his darnedest to figure out what the problem is. He can be so stubborn sometimes and thinks he should be able to fix it himself but I think he's about ready to give up. So we've had some good with some bad. That's life, I guess. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a great week. Happy reading!

What I'm currently reading/listening to

15818107
Orphan Train
by Christina Baker Kline 
For an upcoming TLC Book Tour.

24581814
Pie Girls
by Lauren Clark
(audio-book)
I am really enjoying this one. 

31864006
Spinning the Moon
by Karen White
(audio-book)

What I recently finished

33216759
Tangle of Strings (Sweeney Sisters #4)
by Ashley Farley
I love this series! My thoughts will be posted soon.

29864683
Under Rose-Tainted Skies
by Louise Gornall
Loved it! You can read my thoughts here.

32813049
It's Destiny: Three Romantic Women's Fiction Love Stories
by Bette Lee Crosby, Tanya Anne Crosby, and Julianne MacLean
These were great stories. My thoughts will be posted soon.

What I am going to read next

23398763
Everything I Never Told You
by Celeste Ng
This is my next book club pick. I might pick this one up and get started on it.

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?

*************************

Be sure to check the sidebar for all of my current giveaways!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Grandma! I hope your cars get fixed soon - this is not a great time of year to be waiting in the cold!

    I'm doing the tour for Orphan Train too. I hope we both love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! What a sweet little pea!

    I have added Under Rose Tainted Skies and Pie Girls to my TBR! Both sound really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new granddaughter! I'm sorry to hear about the cars--boy, when it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh delicious, a little granddaughter, such a joy. Congrats. Spinning the Moon is a long audio I have looked at it and wondered. Will wait to see what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. Not good on the car.

    Hope things have worked out.

    Love Karen White's books. The Orphan Train was a fantastic read.

    Have a good rest of your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...