Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WWW Wednesdays April 25


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading 

To play along, just answer the following three questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
 

What are you currently reading?

Make it Stay by Joan Frank 

The Big Rock Candy Mountain  
by Wallace Stegner

Still working on this one ~ one chapter at a time. 

What did you recently finish reading?

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Okay. So I finally did it ~ I read The Hunger Games. Am I the last person to read it? I now see what all the hype is about and I will be moving onto book number 2 as soon as possible. I can only imagine how awesome the movie must be!   

The Warble by Victoria Simcox

My thoughts are here ~ loved it!   
 
Little Bee by Chris Cleave 

I read this book about a year ago for one of my book clubs and then my other book club selected it for this month. I really liked it the first time I read it and recommend it to others every chance I get. But I just wasn't in the mood to read it again right now. I did find a website that posted great chapter summaries. I cheated a little bit and read the summaries instead of rereading the whole book. Does that make me a bad person? 

What do you think you will read next?

Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia



What are you reading this week?

11 comments:

  1. Working on it one chapter at a time doesn't say a lot for Big Rock Candy Mountain!

    I saw The Hunger Games movie and it was really good. I have the trilogy but haven't started it, yet. I'm definitely going to, though, so no, you're not the last one to read it!

    And you've definitely intrigued me about Little Bee and the Magic Warble. That's the best part of WWW Wednesday for me, finding new books!

    I'm having a contest on planetpooks with prizes of free ebooks and a $20 gift certificate from the online bookseller of your choice, and also, my own WWW Wednesday: http://planetpooks.com/?p=4574

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Big Rock is a great book - one my husband recommended I read. I really like it and try to read a little bit every night but April was so crazy for me as far as books that 'had' to get read that I hardly touched it. But I am going to get it read.

      And I just heard from the author of The Magic Warble and she is offering some books for a giveaway!! Coming soon!

      I will be checking out your WWW - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. the hunger games was so good, right? now go see the movie! :) although a lot of my friends who had recently read the book didn't like the movie as much because they left out some details. i read the book about six months ago so i forgot all the details, and the movie seemed very true to the book to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Hunger Games too - it lived up to the hype for me. And I enjoyed the 2nd & 3rd books as well, but maybe the 1st most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blurb about The Hunger Games fits me perfectly! I just finished reading it and was like "so that's why!" I read during the period of about 14hrs and am anxiously waiting for my chance to read 2&3. I also just got to see the movie, which was really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still stand by my I LOVE WALLACE STEGNER stance.
    I liked Little Bee. I don't re-read books though. There's just so much out there! I have a WWW listing today too: http://wellreadfish.blogspot.com/2012/04/should-be-reading-hosts-www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate to what you said about Little Bee, I haven't read it (yet) but I've been in the same situation with my reading group. So no--you are not a bad person, unless I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan!
    "Hunger Games" is on my wish list for a long time ;)

    Here you can find my WWW for this week:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/04/www-wednesday-apr25.html

    Bye!
    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only recently read The Hunger Games as well. I finished in time to see the movie, because I'd rather be familiar with the book first. I hope to read the other books soon as well. My WWW:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/www-wednesdays-april-25/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was the same with The Hunger Games - I kept seeing people talking about it on Goodreads after Divirgent came out and thought I better see what the fuss is about. It really was a wonderful series!

    My WWW for the week: http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-4/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only just recently finished reading The Hunger Games too so we're both the last people on earth to read it :-) I can't wait to read the second and third book in the series now (I'm patiently waiting for them to come in the mail as we speak.....)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...